Monday, August 24, 2015

Grandma's Guest Review: A Heart's Home


A Heart's Home (A Journey of the Heart)

This is Book Six in A Journey of the Heart series by Colleen Coble.

This is a continuing story of life at Fort Kearny, Wyoming Territory following the journey of Issac and Emmie.

I would recommend to friends that they read book 5 and 6 together as the story continues. Like Book 5, this, too, is a very short book and quickly read. For the price, these books are too short, and would be a better buy if all bound together. 

I would read more by this author and hope to complete the series as books become available. I would prefer having them in one book, though.

I enjoyed the suspense and descriptive way life on a fort in the 1800s is depicted. The Christian lives of the characters is refreshing. The characters are likable and believable, and I had a clear picture of what daily life was during that time period.

Events are beautifully described, and I could easily imagine myself there. 

It is clearly a Christian book with examples of faith and suspense throughout. I would recommend reading book 5 and 6 together.

My rating of this book would be average (3).




The publisher provided a review copy of A Heart's Home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment!