Saturday, December 6, 2014

Mary Engelbreit: Peace on Earth



Mary Engelbreit's Peace on Earth: A Christmas Collection is a beautiful, full-color picture book. Mary's timeless illustrations capture the true meaning of Christmas, and the poems, stories, quotes, carols, and verses combine to create a true keepsake.

Peace on Earth is the kind of book you can pick up and read again and again. It is not a start-to-finish story but rather a compendium of short readings. I love books like this to read during the holidays with my children. If you only have a minute or two of time, you can read a complete section and fill yourself up with Christmas cheer.

Some of the things included in Peace on Earth are:
  • quotes by Christina Rossetti, Robert Herrick, and others
  • carols such as "The First Noel" and "Silent Night"
  • the Gospel of Luke
  • poems by authors such as William Blake
  • short stories, just right for read-aloud time
  • Mary Engelbreit's familiar vintage-style illustrations depicting Bible scenes and modern-day children.
I would recommend Peace on Earth for all ages. As a Mary Engelbreit fan, I had to restrain myself from pulling pages out to frame. But my son has already claimed this book for his own!


{The publisher provided me with a review copy for my honest opinions.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment!