Sunday, October 27, 2013

Grandma's Guest Review: An Untamed Heart

{Read my disclosure policy}

An Untamed Heart by Lauraine Snelling is a prequel to the Red River of the North series. Ingeborg Strand leaves Norway in 1878 to start a life in America. Alone and with little money, she faces her uncertain future.

Grandma gave this book two thumbs up! Read on to see what she thinks about it:

Exciting Page-turner

This book was exciting to read and makes me want to reread the series again. The story takes place as a group of young people from Valdres, Norway eagerly await the time to move to the family seder for the spring and summer.

At the same time a young man Nils, a student from Oslo, Norway, is preparing to hike. Nils is an avid outdoors-man and is recovering from an accident while planning his next hike. Unfortunately, on the next climb something happens, causing him to be rescued by Ingeborg and her crew who are now at the Seder. Ingeborg is very well-versed in medical matters and herbs.

I enjoyed reading about the developing relationship between Nils and Ingeborg, and the author’s description of life at the Seder drew me into the story. The historical aspects of the book as a move to America is planned made me want to read more. There is much suspense throughout, which kept me turning the pages long past dark!

An Untamed Heart is a wonderful book, and I enjoyed it to the very last page. The book left me feeling so much faith that God will take care of all matters, as he constantly leads each character in the right direction, LOVED IT!


{The publisher provided me with a review copy for my honest opinions.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment!