Monday, September 23, 2013

Grandma's Guest Review: For Every Season

{Read my disclosure policy}
Read Chapter One

Grandma enjoyed For Every Season by Cindy Woodsmall, the third book in the Amish Vines and Orchards series. She says she is really looking forward to the next book in the series!

A Great Read!

For Every Season begins with the anticipated restoration of an old apple orchard in Maine, where a group of Amish people are establishing a new colony. The main character, Rhoda has much horticultural knowledge and feels sure the orchard can be profitable again. She also has a God-given gift of heightened intuitions about things in the past and things that are about to happen. These elements intrigued me from the start and had me wanting to read more.

There are many twists and turns in this book and each chapter is spellbinding!

Samuel and Jacob King are brothers and Rhoda has deep feeling for them both. Who will she choose?

Will the orchard be successful?

God is in Control

Throughout this book, God is in the midst and He is fully in control. The show of faith throughout is very uplifting.  I would recommend For Every Season to any of my friends as a good, wholesome read with an engaging plot.

I loved the fact that the book ended with apple recipes and fully intend to make the apple crisp right away! I look forward to the next book in this series in 2014.


{The publisher provided me with a review copy for my honest opinions.}

1 comment:

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Good review! I like to learn about new book series and this sounds like a good one!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment!