Sunday, November 11, 2012

Grandma's Guest Review: A Kingsbury Collection



Click to read Chapter 1


   A Kingsbury Collection is a volume of three Karen Kingsbury novels:  Where Yesterday Lives, When Joy Came to Stay, and On Every Side.  All three feature a female main character facing a struggle, who must rely on faith to see her through.  This is my mom's favorite genre, so she was happy to read this and give me her take on it:

   This is a nice collection of Kingsbury novels to read together and have available in one book. All three inspirational novels remind us that God is in control and is with us when things are not going the way we would like them to.  Where Yesterday Lives is a good example of faith and hope.  When Joy Came to Stay touched my heart and reminded me that children have unquestionable faith even though they often endure more trials than we can imagine.  On Every Side is a joy to read and shows that love will win through faith and prayer.

   Because this volume contains three complete novels in one, I did find the size of this book somewhat difficult to hold----after all I am a Grandma and books seem heavier these days. All in all the content and combination of these three novels is excellent but the size a bit awkward.





{The publisher provided me with a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.}




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment!