Sunday, November 11, 2012

Grandma's Guest Review: All Things New

Click to read an excerpt

   All Things New by Lynn Austin is a historical fiction novel set in the South during the Reconstruction period after the Civil War.  My mom read this book and shared her opinions with me:
  All Things New is a delightful novel and moved at a fast reading pace for me. The history of the struggles of our ancestors during the reconstruction years is eye-opening and caused me to be so aware of what we have today and how blessed we are.  I can only imagine the struggles involved in returning to White Oak and discovering that everything about your previous lifestyle has changed.  It made me realize that despite the impossibly hard times, those with faith and belief in a living God had the means to go forward when the going got rough, both with personal indignities and hard work.
   How good it is to be reminded that no matter what our color or race is we are ALL God's children and He will be there for us. This was a hard novel to put down once I started reading it, and I highly recommend it to anyone enjoying historical fiction novels.


{The publisher provided me with a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment!