Saturday, October 27, 2012

Grandma's Guest Review: Grace




   What does “grace” really mean?  Max Lucado addresses the way we use the word, and he goes a step beyond by asking if we really understand what it means.  Have we really thought about the deeper meaning of grace and what God intends for us to glean from it?  He addresses how grace changes us and gives us strength—how “God’s grace has a drenching about it.”

I received the book GRACE by Max Lucado for review, and knowing my mom would enjoy it, I asked her to read it and share her thoughts: 



As a Grandmother, reading GRACE was a refreshing look and reminder that God gives us the free gift of grace. It is there for us all, and no matter the circumstances, whether we are having a personal pity party, not understanding our daily trial, or just plain needing forgiveness, the gift of Grace is ours.   Max Lucado grabs the reader's attention, and his style is engaging and easy to read.  I read the book straight through, as I could not wait for the next chapter. Having the reader’s guide at the end was a definite plus, as it reinforced what I had already read. It is a beautifully written book and one I will read again and refer to at difficult times.

{I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze book review bloggers program, but was not required to write a positive review. The opinions we have expressed are our own.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment!